Tackling the grey area of part time work in the GCC: QuikWORK sets $300,000 funding target equity crowdfunding round on Eureeca
QuikWORK, the UAE’s first job platform for part-time work looking to revolutionise short-term hiring in the region, is now seeking $300,000 through its equity crowdfunding campaign on Eureeca.
Part-time work is and was always available in the GCC in various forms and has stayed a grey area as the employment regulations in the region always limited the options of short-term work. Over the past few years, these regulations have started changing and authorities have started issuing and defining permits and procedures to carry out part-time work. QuickWORK was established to solve a local problem that has existed for decades.
QuikWORK allows employers to subscribe and post work offerings for upcoming projects.
Talents sign-up on a mobile application (available on iOS and Android) and apply to relevant offerings. The solution ensures the eligibility of both employers and talent to offer and look for part-time work. The solution is expected to offer a reduction in the time and effort spent per talent’s recruitment of up to 50%, resulting in significant savings for the employers.
Some of the key achievements so far by QuikWORK include:
- QuikWORK is the first solution to directly address the employers’ need to be able to quickly recruit talent on a part-time basis without significant back-and-forth with them.
- Within five months from pilot launch, QuikWORK has signed up more than 500 talents across 30+ work categories.
- QuikWORK has established partnerships with six Universities’ student bodies in the UAE to sign up new entrants to the part-time talent pool.
- QuikWORK has five employers on board with a pipeline of eight more employers.
Explaining how the company intends to achieve market penetration, QuickWORK Founder & CEO Aalap Ghosh says: “The target customers for QuikWORK typically go through a yearly cycle with a dip during the summer. The number of part-time work positions on offer in this industry can reach up to a million per year for UAE. A similar gap exists in most markets around the world, with no direct solution available to address the same.”
“QuikWORK shall be starting with the marketing and events industry, which currently has the most requirement for part-time jobs on a repeat basis. Other industries and other geographical regions shall be introduced in due course. QuikWORK has the potential to occupy one of three leadership positions world-wide in the recruitment space, along with LinkedIn and Upwork,” he adds.
QuikWORK is offering investors a chance to be part of its growth journey. With equity available at an attractive valuation in a completely untapped market, this opportunity would allow investors to be involved in a future recruitment behemoth from the earliest of stages.
The funds raised via Eureeca will be fairly distributed across the following business operations at QuikWORK:
- Business Development for employer acquisition
- Marketing for talent & employer acquisition
- Platform Administration & Customer Service
- Corporate Administration (Accounting & Finance, HR, Corporate Relations, etc.)
- Platform Improvements (including App Development for future versions)
QuickWORK has already raised $17,254 (5% of their $300,000 target) from 18 investors so far.
Their funding round is set to close on 23 January 2019.